Training the body to “know” and relate to a parasympathetic state and body cognition seems to promote deep sleep, regulation and healing.
In this interesting video, Dr. Stasha Gominakdiscusses “how vitamin D (from the sun) is needed to improve the stability of gut bacteria, which in turn help synthesize B vitamins necessary to facilitate deep sleep”.
My take outs from this are:
- Deep sleep allows natural regeneration of the mind and body
- Regenerative sleep is dependent on
- – Being in deep sleep
- – Vitamin D
- – Vitamin B’s
- – Given the right conditions the body will regulate its vitamins and even make B’s in the intestinal bacteria.
- We need to be mindful of the body’s innate capacity to heal.
- We need to be cautious with
- – Adding in vitamins, nutrients and natural remedies
- – Adding in too many variables of healing at one time (as each person in unique and we can easily upset the natural balance)
- Deep sleep and regulation of vitamins/mineral occurs more easily when body understands a parasympathetic (calm) state